Terms and Conditions
1. The auctioneer acts only as agents for the vendor the auctioneers accepts no personal liability under contract made at or prior to auction
2. Subject to the following conditions the highest bidder shall purchase, the conduct of the sale shall be at the discretion of the auctioneers and they maintain the right to refuse any bid if any dispute shall arise, the discretion of the auctioneer shall be the final and binding to all parties.
3. The purchaser shall immediately after the fall of the hammer declare his name and pay the initial cash deposit, shall the purchaser defer in either of these requirements the lot may be resold and deposit lost
4. Payment in full must be paid in cash OR card either on the day of the sale or the following day by 6pm and in any case before clearance of lots purchased
5. The lots are sold as they are seen with all faults and errors of description or quantity or measurement (if any) the purchase deemed to have inspected and approved of the lots he buys and if he buys without previous inspection he shall be deemed to have done so his own risk it is believed that the quantities and measurements stated in the catalogue are correct but the auctioneer shall not be responsible if any error or mistake there in and the purchaser shall not make any objection there to be entitled to any compensation by reason of any error or mistake nor to be entitled to rescind the contract after the fall of the hammer, the auctioneer does not warrant the vendors title to any lot& the latter will be sold with such title as the vendor may have.
6. All goods sold shall be the sole responsibility and at the risk of the purchaser from the fall of the hammer and in no circumstances will the auctioneer or the vendor be held responsible if any lot or there be lost, stolen damaged or destroyed. After the fall of the hammer no claim will be accepted and the vendor shall make no allowances what so ever.
7. No lot or part thereof can be cleared until payment has been made in full, all lots must be cleared at the purchasers expense no lot will be cleared without the authority of the auctioneer and then only with the supervision of the saleroom porters. Purchasers have no right to anything no described in the catalogue, the declared buyer can only collect lots and no transfer of lots or any other purchaser shall be recognised.
8. the auctioneer shall have the sole and exclusive right at the site of the auction to determine all matters what so ever concerning the conduct and/or effect of any auction sale and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, he shall be entitled to resolve and disputes between bidders, to reject any bid to withdraw, divide or consolidate any lots or lots & he will be entailed to bid on the sellers behalf.
9. The vendor and the auctioneer hereby severely exclude liability for any accident of injury sustained by any person or persons who may come to these premises.
10. if any damage be done to the premises or adjoining lots during viewing of the sale its self of by taking any of lots whether caused by the purchaser his agents, carriers employed by him such damage shall be made good by or at the expense of the purchaser and the vendors in addition reserve the right against other persons causing to such damage.
11. A 15% buyer’s premium is to be added to all lots plus VAT on this buyer’s premium.
12. A sale by auction is not a consumer sale (SALE OF GOODS ACT 1893 SECTION 55 (7) therefore misrepresentation acts of law do not apply.
13. Health and safety at work act 1974 it is brought to the buyers attention that, at the same time of the sale any items of plant machinery or equipment contained in the lots may not be necessarily comply with the health and safety at work act 1974 of may other acts or regulations there under governing the use of that plant, machinery or equipment in a working environment, successful buyers ,for any such plant machinery or equipment are hereby required to ensure that the use of any such at a place of work within the united kingdom does not contravene such relevant act of regulation there under applicable there to.
14. Toxic chemicals are dangerous substances it is especially brought to the attention of the buyers that certain kinds of plant or main service installations could contain blue and white asbestos dangerous chemicals etc, which if not handled correctly during the removal from the site could be in the breach of the health and safety work act 1963 section 2/9 or any other current legislation covering the use of such substances in a working environment.
15. There are no warranty or guarantee with any lots whatsoever all lots are sold as seen, all lots are sold per item, the auctioneers strongly commend that the bidder thoroughly inspects any lot in question and is deemed to be satisfied before bidding under no circumstances will the auctioneer or the vendor refund any lots once the hammer has fallen.
16.goods purchased at this auction house become the property of the bidder on the fall of the auctioneers hammer all goods removed from the sale room are done so at the consumers discretion after the sale ends and at their own risk